For help in an emergency for which you need immediate assistance, dial 9-1-1.
When life gets difficult, we can help
Life has many ups and downs and sometimes you may need help to cope with challenges. If you have broken your arm, you would go to a doctor. If your mind hurts, a counselor can help. In both cases, it is always better to get treatment earlier than later so that things do not get worse.
Get the help you need in a convenient, confidential, safe and non-judgmental environment. Your program provides in-person and virtual therapy options through a national network of licensed professionals trained to help with many challenges including stress, anxiety, grief, marital/family relationship concerns, parenting, substance misuse and more. Counseling will help you understand issues, learn coping skills and develop solutions.
- No cost to you and your household members
- Up to 6 pre-paid counseling sessions (per issue, per 12 month period)
- Confidential and provided by a third party
- Counseling options
- Meet with a DLA EAP Field Consultant (phone, video conferencing, in-person)
- Call your Employee Assistance Program
- Use the Provider Search to find a counselor in your area
Meet with a DLA EAP Consultant
Field Consultants are highly trained, licensed professionals who are familiar with the culture of your agency, and specialize in working with federal employees and their family members.
Click on a location below if you live or work in that state to schedule an appointment. Select your time zone below the booking calendar prior to scheduling, all appointment times display in Eastern Time
- Defense Logistics - Tracy, CA
- Defense Logistics - Battle Creek, MI
- Defense Logistics - New Cumberland, PA
- Defense Logistics - Philadelphia, PA
- Defense Logistics - Fort Belvoir, VA
- Defense Logistics - Richmond, VA
Use Provider Search to find care in your area
- Click here to access the online provider search. Note: Search filters include location, specialty, gender, ability to provide video conferencing and more.
- When you've found a provider, complete the "online self-referral" form next to the search result.
- After you submit the form, you will receive an email with the counselor’s contact information and a MAT number. Contact the provider to schedule an appointment and include the MAT number
Get started today!
Call (866) 580-9046
Use the chat feature on the right side of your screen for assistance.
How does the counseling process work?
Therapy is a time-tested tool that helps people with a variety of issues including stress, anxiety, relationship problems, grief, trauma, substance abuse and self-exploration.Learn More
A guide to different types of therapy
Therapy is not just for mental health issues, it can help with support, education and guidance. It can provide you with the resources to learn and practice new ways of coping.Learn More
Helpful tips to prepare for a counseling session
Therapy is very rewarding, however, anticipating the first session can be nerve-wracking - especially if you have never been to therapy before. Once you have found a therapist to meet with, part of the work is already done - you have started your journey to self-improvement.Learn More