Modern life generates more types of stress now than ever before. Social scientists even point to “micro-stressors”—the countless uncomfortable intrusions on our peace of mind throughout the day—many of which we don’t even notice or acknowledge. Consider these stress management tactics.
- Prioritize self-care. Strive to eat nutritious food, get adequate rest, exercise regularly and engage in stress-relieving techniques like meditation, yoga, deep breathing or stress journaling.
- Talk things out. Share your struggle with someone who can listen and empathize with your situation. This helps calm the nervous system and reduce tension.
- Set limits. Many people get in the habit of trying to help and do too much. However, there’s no harm in telling others that you’re feeling depleted and can’t take on new tasks.
- Build in balance. Be sure to seek meaning and satisfaction in your personal life—via your family, friends, creative hobbies or spiritual practice.
When life presents you with problems that you’re having difficulty resolving on your own, counseling can help. Counseling provides a convenient, confidential, safe and non-judgmental environment to work on issues and learn new coping skills. Struggling alone and doing nothing is never the answer. Visit your member website to get started.
*Eligibility based on your specific program benefits.
Register for this month’s live webinar on Wednesday, May 10 at 2:00 pm EST.
Register Here: Managing Life’s Micro-Stressors
- Define micro-stressors
- Identify common sources and causes
- Describe techniques to manage micro-stress
Get started today!